Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Decatur Man Dies in Watauga Car Accident

WATAUGA -- A Decatur man who was injured in a traffic accident during the weekend died Tuesday afternoon at a Fort Worth hospital, authorities said Wednesday.

The Tarrant County medical examiner’s office identified the victim as Kent Powell, 27, who died at John Peter Smith Hospital. A ruling on his death is pending.

Authorities continued on Wednesday to investigate the accident, which occurred at about 1:45 a.m. Saturday in the 6200 block of Chapman Road.

A 2009 Corvette driven by a 27-year-old Watauga man was westbound on the road when he lost control of the vehicle and hit a telephone pole, according to police reports. Powell was a passenger in the car and he was ejected, the reports state.

When police arrived, the Watauga man was out of the car and attending to Powell, according to reports. The Watauga driver who police did not identify was taken to a local hospital where he was treated and released shortly after the accident, Watauga Detective Jason Babcock said Wednesday.

Speed was listed as a factor in the accident, according to police reports.

6 comments:

  1. Great article with excellent idea!Thank you for such a valuable article. I really appreciate for this great information.. Auto Accident Lawyer Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for this wondrous post, I am glad I observed this website on yahoo. lemon law lawyers los angeles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for this wondrous post, I am glad I observed this website on yahoo. michigan auto insurance reform

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!THANKS!!!!!! Online Quran Academy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for some other informative blog. Where else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal means? I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information. mosscolella.com/detroit-car-accident-lawyer/

    ReplyDelete